SUPERFLUIDITY is targeting top tier Research Conferences and Journals.
These leading venues shape future research in this area and as such provide maximum visibility for the project results. Several partners have an established presence and a strong track record in such venues.
- Simon Kuenzer, NEC Europe: “Building the Superfluid Cloud with Unikernels“, 2016 Unikernels and More: Cloud Innovators Forum, Pasadena, CA, January 22, 2016.
- Lorenzo Bracciale, CNIT: “OpenGeoBase: spatial database applications supported by innovative communications networks“, Workshop: 5G pushing the limits of innovation in Automotive – ITS European Congress, Glasgow, UK, June 7, 2016
- Simon Westbroek, USTR: “Server Side Playlists: The alternative for manifest manipulation”, International Broadcasting Convention, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 19, 2016
- Stefano Salsano CNIT, Felipe Huici NEC: “Superfluid NFV: VMs and Virtual Infrastructure Managers speed-up for instantaneous service instantiation”, Invited talk, EWSDN 2016, co-located with the SDN World Congress 2016, The Hague, Netherlands, October 10-11, 2016
- Giuseppe Bianchi, CNIT: “Revisiting control/data plane separation in Software Defi¬ned Networking”, SUPERFLUIDITY’s Taiwan Tour: October 31: Distinguished Lecture speech at Institute of Information Science – Academia Sinica; November 1: Talk at National Chiao Tung University; November 2: talk at National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, 31 October – 2 November 2016.
- Louise Krug, BT: “Containers for NFV”, Technology Forum SDN World Congress 2016, EWSDN 2016, co-located with the SDN World Congress 2016, The Hague, Netherlands, October 10-11, 2016.
- Laurent Mathy, ULG: “High-performance software data-plane for NFV”, Keynote speech, 2017 Global Future Network Development Summit, Nanjing, China, April 17, 2017.
- Rufael Mekuria, USTR: “Extended Origin Functionalities”, EBU Broadthinking, Gevenva, Switzerland, May 3-4, 2017.
- Stefano Salsano, CNIT: “Deployment and orchestration of Unikernels in the NFV Infrastructure”, EuCNC 2017, Oulu, Finland, June 12-15, 2017.
- Felipe Manco, NEC: “uniprof: Transparent Unikernel Performance Profiling and Debugging”, Xen Project Developer and Design Summit, Budapest, Hungary, July 11-14, 2017.
- Florian Schmidt, NEC: “NoXS: Death to the XenStore”, Xen Project Developer and Design Summit, Budapest, Hungary, July 11-14, 2017.
- Julian Chesterfield, Anastassios Nanos, ONAPP: “Xen-lite for ARM – adapting Xen for a Samsung Exynos MicroServer with hybrid FPGA IO acceleration”, Xen Project Developer and Design Summit, Budapest, Hungary, July 11-14, 2017.
- Radu Stoenescu, Matei Popovici, Lorina Negreanu, and Costin Raiciu, UPB – University Politehnica of Bucharest: “SymNet – Scalable Symbolic Execution for Modern Networks“, proc. of Conference on ACM SIGCOMM’16, August 22-26, 2016, Florianópolis, Brazil. DOI: 10.1145/2934872.2934881.
- H. J. Asghar, L. Melis, C. Soldani, E. De Cristofaro, M. A. Kaafar, and L. Mathy, ULG – Univeristy of Liège: “SplitBox: Toward Efficient Private Network Function Virtualization” ACM SIGCOMM, proc. of the Workshop on Hot Topics in Middleboxes and Network Function Virtualization (HotMiddlebox 2016), Co-located with ACM SIGCOMM’16, August 22-26, 2016, Florianópolis, Brazil. DOI: 10.1145/2940147.2940150.
- Giuseppe Siracusano, Roberto Bifulco, Simon Kuenzer, Stefano Salsano, Nicola Blefari Melazzi, Felipe Huici: “On-the-Fly TCP Acceleration with Miniproxy”, ACM SIGCOMM, proc. of the Workshop on Hot Topics in Middleboxes and Network Function Virtualization (HotMiddlebox 2016), Co-located with ACM SIGCOMM’16, August 22-26, 2016, Florianópolis, Brazil. DOI: 10.1145/2940147.2940149.
- Radu Stoenescu, Dragos Dumitrescu, Costin Raiciu, UPB – University Politehnica of Bucharest: “OpenStack networking for humans: symbolic execution to the rescue” invited paper in IEEE LANMAN 2016, Rome, Italy, June 13 -15, 2016. DOI: 10.1109/LANMAN.2016.7548840.
- Rufael Mekuria, Michael McGrath, Christos Tselios, Dirk Griffioen, George Tsolis, Shahar Beiser: “KPI Mapping for Virtual Infrastructure Scaling for a Realistic Video Streaming Service Deployment”, 8th International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience, Lisbon, Portugal, June 6-8, 2016.
- R.Mekuria, J. Fennema, R. Belleman, D. Griffioen, USTR – Unified Streaming: “Multi-Protocol Video Delivery with Late Trans-Muxing” accepted paper at ACM Multimedia, 15 – 19 October 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Luca Chiaraviglio, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi, William Liu, Jairo A. Gutierrez, Jaap Van De Beek, Robert Birke, Lydia Chen, Filip Idzikowski, Daniel Kilper, Paolo Monti, Jinsong Wu: “5G in Rural and Low-Income Areas: Are We Ready?”, ITU Kaleidoscope Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, November 2016. View and Download.
- Christos Tselios, George Tsolis: “On QoE-awareness through Virtualized Probes in 5G Networks”, paper accepted for publicatio at IEEE CAMAD 2016, 21st IEEE International Workshop on Computer Aided Modelling and Design of Communication Links and Networks, 23-25 October 2016, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON, Canada. View and Download.
- Pier Luigi Ventre, Claudio Pisa, Stefano Salsano, Giuseppe Siracusano, Florian Schmidtz, Paolo Lungaroni, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi: “Performance Evaluation and Tuning of Virtual Infrastructure Managers for (Micro) Virtual Network Functions”, 2016 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN), 7-9 November 2016, Palo Alto, California, USA.
- Joseph Kampeas, Asaf Cohen, Omer Gurewitz: “On Secrecy Rates and Outage in Multi-User Multi-Eavesdroppers MISO Systems”, 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), 10-15 July 2016, Barcelona, Spain.
- Alejandro Cohen, Asaf Cohen, Omer Gurewitz: “Secure Group Testing”, 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), 10-15 July 2016, Barcelona, Spain.
- Arne Schwabe, Pedro A. Aranda Gutiérrez, Holger Karl: “Composition of SDN applications: Options/challenges for real implementations.”, Applied Networking Research Workshop 2016 (ANRW’16), 17-22 July 2016, Berlin, Germany.
- Rufael Mekuria, Pablo Cesar: “MP3DG-PCC, Open Source Software Framework for Implementation and Evaluation of Point Cloud Compression”, ACM Multimedia Conference 2016, 15-19 October 2016, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. DOI: 10.1145/2964284.2973806.
- Khartik Ainala, Rufael N. Mekuria, Birendra Khathariya, Zhu Li, Ye-Kui Wang, Rajan Joshi: “An improved enhancement layer for octree based point cloud compression with plane projection approximation”, SPIE Applications of Digital Image Processing XXXIX, DOI:10.1117/12.2237753.
- G. Aravinthan, H. Dalia, C.S. Chen, L. Roullet: “Virtualization of Radio Access Network by Virtual Machine and Docker: Practice and Performance Analysis”, IFIP/IEEE Integrated Network Management Symposium (IM 2017), May, 8-12, 2016, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Arjen Wagenaar, Dirk Griffioen, Rufael Mekuria: “Unified Remix: a Server Side Solution for Adaptive Bit-Rate Streaming with Inserted and Edited Media Content”, ACM Multimedia Systems Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, June 20-24, 2017
- Paul Veitch, Edel Curley and Tomasz Kantecki: “Performance Evaluation of Cache Allocation Technology for NFV Noisy Neighbour Mitigation”, IEEE NetSoft 2017, Bologna, Italy, 3-7 July 2017.
- Luca Chiaraviglio, Lavinia Amorosi, Stefania Cartolano, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi, Paolo Dell’Olmo, Mohammad Shojafar, Stefano Salsano: “Optimal Superfluid Management of 5G Networks”, IEEE NetSoft 2017, Bologna, Italy, 3-7 July 2017.
- Salvatore Pontarelli, Marco Bonola, Giuseppe Bianchi: “Smashing SDN “built-in” actions: programmable data plane packet manipulation in hardware”, IEEE NetSoft 2017, Bologna, Italy, July 3-7, 2017.
- Luca Chiaraviglio, Nicola Blefari-Melazzi, Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Bogdan Iatco, Francesco Malandrino, Stefano Salsano: “An Economic Analysis of 5G Superfluid Networks”, 18th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing (IEEE HPSR), Campinas, Brazil, June 18-21, 2017.
- Laura Vasilescu, Vladimir Olteanu, Costin Raiciu: “Sharing CPUs via endpoint congestion control”, IEEE SIGCOMM KBNets 2017, Los Angeles, US-CA, August 21-25, 2017.
- Marco Bonola, Roberto Bifulco, Luca Petrucci, Salvatore Pontarelli, Angelo Tulumello, Giuseppe Bianchi: “Implementing advanced network functions for datacenters with stateful programmable data planes”, IEEE LANMAN 2017 – The 23rd IEEE International Symposium on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, Osaka, Japan, June 12-14, 2017.
- Marco Bonola, Roberto Bifulco, Luca Petrucci, Salvatore Pontarelli, Angelo Tulumello, Giuseppe Bianchi: “Demo: implementing advanced network functions with stateful programmable data planes”, IEEE LANMAN 2017 – The 23rd IEEE International Symposium on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks, Osaka, Japan, June 12-14, 2017.
- Ioannis Prevezanos, Andreas Angelou, Christos Tselios, Alexandros Stergiakis, Vassilis Tsogkas and George Tsolis: “Hammer: A Real-world, end-to-end Network Traffic Simulator”, IEEE CAMAD 2017, 22nd IEEE International Workshop on Computer Aided Modelling and Design of Communication Links and Networks, Lund, Sweden, 19-21 June 2017.
- “Hybrid IP/SDN networking: open implementation and experiment management tools” S. Salsano, P. L. Ventre, F. Lombardo, G. Siracusano, M. Gerola, E. Salvadori, M. Santuari, M. Campanella, L. Prete. IEEE. Trans. on Network and Service Management 2016. DOI: 10.1109/TNSM.2015.2507622. View and Download
- “Superfluidity: A Flexible Functional Architecture for 5G Networks” G. Bianchi, E. Biton, N. Blefari-Melazzi, I. Borges, L. Chiaraviglio, P. de la Cruz Ramos, P. Eardley, F. Fontes, M. J. McGrath, L. Natarianni, D. Niculescu, C. Parada, M. Popovici, V. Riccobene, S. Salsano, B. Sayadi, J. Thomson, C. Tselios, G. Tsolis. Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Wiley 2016. DOI: 10.1002/ett.3082.